The Best Board Games to Play on the Last Day of Term in 2023 As…
The Ultimate Chicken Burger – Barbecue Recipe
- 4 large chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 55g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced
- burger buns
- shredded lettuce
1. Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of baking paper and flatten slightly using a meat mallet or a rolling pin. Beat the egg white and cornflour together, then brush over the chicken. Cover and leave to chill for 30 minutes, then coat in the plain flour.
2. Place the egg yolk and breadcrumbs in 2 separate bowls and coat the burgers first in the egg, allowing any excess to drip back into the bowl, then in the breadcrumbs.
3. Preheat the barbecue. Lightly brush each burger with a little oil and then add them to the barbecue grill, cooking over medium hot coals for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked. If you are in doubt, it is worth cutting one of the burgers in half. If there is any sign of pinkness, cook for a little longer to get that nice barbecue taste. Add the tomato slices to the grill rack for the last 1-2 minutes of the cooking time to heat through.
4. Serve the burgers in burger buns with the shredded lettuce, cooked tomato slices and mayonnaise.