Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
Lample (Lamb and Apple) Pie Recipe
The name is an 18th-century corruption of lamb and apple pie. The herbs add a fresh taste to left-over meat.
- 225g cooked lamb
- 170g cooked ham or bacon
- 1/2 lb cooking apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 large thinly sliced onion
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 level teaspoon each, rosemary and sage
- 4-3 pint chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 170g shortcrust pastry (standard recipe)
- 1 beaten egg
1. Mince the cut-up lamb and ham, and arrange in layers with the | apple and onion in a 7-8 inch buttered pie dish. Sprinkle each layer with a little salt, pepper and herbs. Mix the stock with the tomato paste and pour it over the pie. Cover the pie with rolled out shortcrust pastry, sealing the edges firmly; cut an air vent in the centre of the pastry for the steam to escape.
2. Brush the pastry with egg.
3. Bake in the centre of the oven, pre-heated to 230°C for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 175°C and cook for a further 25 minutes. Serve hot with potatoes and a green vegetable or cold with a salad.