Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
The Classic Hamburger Barbecue Recipe
- 450g rump steak or topside, freshly minced
- 1 onion, grated
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp light muscovado sugar
- hamburger buns, to serve
1. Place the minced steak, onion, garlic, mustard and pepper in a large bowl and mix together. Shape into 4-6 equal-sized burgers, then cover and leave to chill for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the onions and saute over a low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the onions have caramelised. Add the sugar after 8 minutes and stir occasionally during cooking. Drain well on kitchen paper and keep warm.
3. Preheat the barbecue. Cook the burgers over hot coals for 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to personal preference. Serve in hamburger buns with the onions.