Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
Gluten Free Tabbouleh Recipe
- 175g quinoa
- 600ml water
- 10 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, deseeded and chopped.
- 3-inch piece cucumber, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper
1. Put the quinoa into a medium-sized saucepan and cover with the water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes. Drain if necessary.
2. Leave the quinoa to cool slightly before combining with the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
- Calories 283
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Sugars 6.82g
- Fat 10.4g
- Saturates 0.38g
The super-nutritious grain quinoa is used here instead of the usual bulgar wheat or couscous to make this filling salad. It is as its most flavourful when served at room temperature.