Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
Gluten Free Orange & Almond Syrup Cake
Makes 9 Slices.
- Dairy-free margarine, for greasing
- 6 eggs, separated
- 200g caster sugar
- grated rind of 3 oranges
- 150g ground almonds
For the topping
- juice of 3 oranges
- 3 tbsp clear honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 8-inch square cake tin and line the base. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, orange rind and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a separate large bowl until they form stiff peaks. Fold a spoonful of the egg whites into the almond mixture, then fold in the remainder. Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin.
4. To make the topping, put the orange juice and honey into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stir once, then cook, without stirring, for 6-8 minutes, or until reduced, thickened and syrupy. Using a fork, pierce the cake all over, then pour the syrup over the top and leave to soak in before cutting into slices and serving.