Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
Gluten and Dairy Free Mocha Brownies
Makes 12 Brownies
- 150g good-quality plain dark chocolate (about 70 per cent cocoa solids)
- 100g dairy-free margarine, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp strong instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g ground almonds
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- icing sugar, to decorate (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 8-inch square cake tin and line the base.
2. Melt the chocolate and margarine in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir very occasionally until the chocolate and margarine have melted and are smooth.
3. Carefully remove the bowl from the heat. Leave to cool slightly, then stir in the coffee and vanilla extract. Add the almonds and sugar and mix well until combined. Lightly beat the egg yolks in a separate bowl, then stir into the chocolate mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold a large spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the remainder until completely incorporated.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes, or until risen and firm on top but still slightly gooey in the centre. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out, remove the lining paper and cut into 12 pieces. Dust with icing sugar before serving.