The Best Board Games to Play on the Last Day of Term in 2023 As…
Crispy Potato Skins – Barbecue Recipe
- 8 small baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 50g butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 50g grated Gruyére cheese
- 50g salami, cut in to thin strips
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prick the potatoes with a fork and bake for 1 hour, or until tender. Alternatively, cook in a microwave on High for 12-15 minutes. Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 5mm potato flesh lining the skin.
2. Preheat the barbecue. Brush the insides of the potato with melted butter.
3. Place the skins, cut-side down, over medium-hot coals and cook for 10-15 minutes. Turn the potato skins over and barbecue for a further 5 minutes, or until they are crispy. Take care that they do not burn. Season the potato skins with salt and pepper to taste and serve while they are still warm.
4. If wished, the skins can be filled with a variety of toppings. Barbecue the potato skins as above for 10 minutes, then turn cut-side up and sprinkle with slices of spring onion, grated cheese and chopped salami. Barbecue for a further 5 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve hot.