Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
Cheese and Bacon Burgers – Barbecue Recipe
- 450g lean steak mince
- 4 onions
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-3 tsp grated fresh horseradish
- 8 lean back bacon rashers
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 cheese slices
- burger buns, to serve
1. Place the steak mince in a large bowl. Finely grate 1 of the onions and add to the steak mince in the bowl.
2. Add the garlic, horseradish and pepper to the steak mixture in the bowl. Mix together, then shape into 4 equal-sized burgers. Wrap each burger in 2 rashers of bacon, then cover and leave to chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the barbecue. Slice the remaining onions. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
4. Cook the burgers over hot coals for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Top each burger with a slice of cheese for the last minute of cooking. Serve in burger buns.