Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
Tuna and Olive Pie Recipe
- 100g flour
- 4 teaspoon salt
- 50g shortening, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 25g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 210g can tuna fish, flaked
- 50g cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- 10 stuffed olives, sliced pepper
- 4 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, add the shortening and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead lightly and chill while making the filling.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft but not browned. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the tuna, cheese, tomatoes, Tabasco, olives, salt and pep- per to taste and herbs. Cool slightly and place in an 7 inch flan tin.
3. Roll out the pastry to a circle slightly larger than the tin (pan), cover the filling and trim the edges. Use the trimmings to decorate the pie.
4. Bake in a moderately hot oven, 200°C for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
5. Serve the pie hot with broad beans or courgettes and tomatoes,