Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
Pork Burgers with Tangy Orange Marinade – Barbecue Recipe
- 450g pork fillet, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp Seville orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 225g parsnips, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 courgette (175g), grated
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaves, to serve
- burger buns, to serve
1. Place the pork in a shallow dish. Place the marmalade, orange juice and vinegar in a small saucepan and heat, stirring, until the marmalade has melted. Pour the marinade over the pork. Cover and leave for at least 30 minutes, or longer if time permits. Remove the pork, reserving the marinade. Mince the pork into a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, cook the parsnips in a saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked. Drain, then mash and add to the pork. Stir in the orange rind, garlic, spring onions, courgette and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together, then shape into 4-6 equal-sized burgers. Cover and leave to chill for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the barbecue. Lightly brush each burger with a little oil and then add them to the barbecue grill, cooking over medium—hot coals for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked. Boil the reserved marinade for at least 5 minutes, then pour into a small jug or bowl. Serve with the lettuce leaves In burger buns.