Traditional Family Pork Pie Recipe Ingredients 500g pork, cut from shoulder, neck, spare ribs or…
Bouillabaisse Family Recipe
- 700g assorted fish (cod, haddock, whiting, plaice, or halibut)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x can tomatoes
- few sprigs parsley, thyme and marjoram, tied together
- salt and pepper
- 125ml pint fish stock or water
- large pinch of saffron (optional)
- 175g shellfish (shrimps, prawns, mussels) chopped fresh fennel
1. Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and put in a large ovenproof dish.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, leeks and garlic and fry for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the tomatoes and the juice and bring the mixture to the boil. Add the herbs, salt and pepper to taste and the stock or water and pour onto the fish.
3. Place the dish in a moderately hot oven, 190°C and cook for 30 minutes or until the fish is almost cooked. Stir in the saffron (if using) and the shellfish and cook for a further 15 minutes or until very hot. Discard the bunch of herbs.
4. Serve the fish sprinkled with the fennel and accompanied by French bread.